Saturday, November 12, 2011

Goat Show













The goat show has been quite the experience! We have never shown goats and know nothing about what they are looking for but both girls did very well for their first time. The goats went in Friday at 2 pm. Everyones pens were not right. Gabby and Bambi got seperated very far apart and Gabby wasn't having any part of that. She couldn't see her baby and she was coming out of the pen. We finally just put them in the same pen to keep them calm. The show was to start at 6 pm but it got moved back to 7pm to try and correct the pen mess that everyone had. It never got fixed. Right before the show started, I went back to help Ashlyn with Gabby because she has a hard time handling her in open spaces. The fair people said I couldn't go back. I explained she is by herself, has never done this and she has no 4-H leader back there to help her. They didn't care and told me I would have security called on me if I went back! (Second time this week I have caused an uproar, I will try to post on that after fair!) I ended up finding Jen, the 4-H leader ,to go back and help her. Ashlyn got 6th in her showmanship class last night and 5th in her dwarf class today. Brooke didn't place last night in showmanship, there were alot of juniors! She got a 5th in dwarf goats today. Bambi was like a cat on a leash last night in the showmanship class, it was so funny. So our goat show is over and chicken day is tomorrow. The fun will now begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment