Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lillyanna




To those of you that don't know, this cute little lamb is Lillyanna. John and Kim , Tony's brother and sister in law, bought her for Brooke to show at the fair. I haven't really posted about her yet because really this little lamb scares me more than any animal we own! We got her the first of July and are keeping her at John and kims because they have a sheep barn and we have no more room for any animal. She was not tame or halter broke when we got her so catching her was a challenge. The very first day that I had to catch her she ran at me and flipped me in the air! She was only 4 months old but she was a strong little animal. After that I told Nicole that she would have to catch her because there was no way I was going back in that pen with her. Brooke finally after a month got her to the point she could catch her and put a halter on with out roping her down to get a hold to her. There was no way I was doing it so I made my 10 year old do it! Anyway some days are good and uneventful and some are full of Brooke complaining because Lily is dragging her down or chasing the lamb down because she has escaped from Brookes lead! Just one more thing to keep me CRAZY!!!!! I just try to laugh and enjoy crazy because I am scared that the day my kids leave home and I don't have crazy anymore I am going to miss it and want it back. Monday was the first day that we have shaved Lilly. She has to be shaved for fair so we thought we should start practicing now. Nicole and Brooke did the shaving and I held her from jumping off the stand. It went really well, better than I thought it would. Nobody got hurt so I call that a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment