Monday, December 6, 2010

countdown to madness!

We are getting ready for the very busy December. As most of you know Ashlyns birthday is the 25th and it is very difficult but I don't ever let her know that! For the past week I have been going over what Christmas is really about. To her, when she wakes up in the morning on Christmas day she doesn't say "It's Christmas!". She says " It's my birthday!". So it has been very difficult. I tell her we have christmas to celebrate Jesus because it is his birthday and she says "yea and to celebrate my birthday!" I say to her yes your birthday is on christmas but that is not why we celebrate christmas. Poor thing just doesn't understand!

We always try to celebrate her birthday a week early but this year it will have to be even earlier. We are doing it on the 12th because she is scheduled to have surgery on her mouth the 15th. I am not looking forward to it at all! I hope all will be well by christmas day.

Hopefully we will have a nice painfree christmas! This year we are doing things a little different. Since I have enough trouble trying to express the true meaning of christmas we have decided not to do Santa this year. We have not told her there is not a santa but we are not promoting him either! We really haven't talked about santa and she hasn't either. I really don't think it will matter because she is all about her birthday that day. We will see how it goes! Come back next week for the party update! Ashlyn is getting a very special surprise gift that you don't want to miss!

1 comment:

  1. We love the way you write, you always make us laugh out loud. We can't wait to see the pictures from Ashlyn's party and to see her special surprise gift!

    p.s. hope our package makes it in time for her party, we mailed it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete